Installation of 335km of 48 fibre cable route refurbishment , new cable route, Joint bays and UTX’s
Covering circa 355 km of optical fibre installation, Sunville Rail Limited were selected to renew life expired electro-mechanical control systems employed at Raynes Park and Selhurst electrification control areas.
This involved the delivery of an enhanced communications network to traction electrification buildings located in existing electro-mechanical areas of current Electrification Control Room (ECR) operation – with connections in close proximity to telecommunication equipment rooms where appropriate.
Sunville Rail Limited Project Scope
Completing a wide range of both installation and testing works, Linbrooke’s scope of works included:
- Survey and design
- Project Management
- HV Management
- Possession and Safe System of Work Management
- All required route installation work
- UTX Design and Construction
- Installation of trackside 48 fibre cables – including all associated containment, joints and joint bays
- Installation of sheath gaps
- Installation of all additional cable route works
- Preparation of as built drawings
- Preparation of operation & maintenance (O&A) documentation
The project had a further requirement for slack to be left in each of the cable sections that were coiled into loop bays, stakka boxes or in dedicated troughing routes. Conducting end to end testing of 48 fibre sections, Linbrooke also capped all the cable ends upon testing completion and confirmed the exact GPS locations.
< Back to Projects